In 1888, McPhersontown or “McTown” was being rebranded to Riverdale. The neighborhood remained lower Riverdale until neighbors began pursuing historic district status in the 1970’s and 80’s. The article below mentions the Hawthorne School (which are condos today) and the Dayton Floral Company (where Ed Smith Flowers still pushed daisies). It also mentions the White Line, the first electric street car line in Dayton, which took riders to the neighborhood. We continue to have electric trolley bus service through McPherson Town today. As much as things change, a lot of good things stay the same here in McPT.